Here are 7 keys to help you lose weight and become fit. They can be applied to anyone that a physician find to be capable and will increase men’s Fitness as well as women’s.
- Eat a balanced diet, eating each meal in order from healthiest to least healthy foods. That means eat your fruit or vegetables before you eat anything else. Eat as much of them as you want, then eat a couple of servings of your whole grains, nuts and seeds. Next, eat your frozen or canned foods. After that, if you have any hunger left, enjoy a serving of dessert.
- Watch your Sugar, your body does need some sugar, but it is minimal. The excess sugar that you take in is turned into fat. Learn to read labels and really watch your sugar. Keeping your intake to about 12 grams of sugar each meal or snack is a good rule.
- Drink Lots of Water, your body needs water for a variety of functions. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and cut out sodas. Even diet sodas can cause you to bloat and retain water. You should also watch fruit juice because they are often packed with sugar.
- Eat Fresh. Prepared and processed foods like canned foods are just not good for you. Most are packed with sodium and other additives that you really don’t want in your body. Your best bet is to eat fresh. Shop the produce department, meat department and dairy. Only venture down the aisles for spices, brown rice, dried beans and whole wheat pasta.
- Exercise, consistent exercise is one of the top weight loss tips for long term success. Make sure that you get a good combination of aerobic and weight bearing exercises. Walking is a great aerobic exercise, but whatever you choose to do, make sure that you get your heart rate up and keep it up for 20 to 30 minutes. Do this at least three times a week. The important thing is not whether you go to a fitness Centers or not, but that you actually do this exercise.
- Eat! If you want to lose weight, you have to eat. Eating three small meals and two or three snacks each day will keep your metabolism stable. Without the ups and downs (mostly the downs) of your metabolism, your weight will begin to drop off and you will soon notice that your jeans are looser.
- Reduce processed sugar and fructose consumption, your body very quickly turns these into energy. If your body already has too much energy, it may just convert them straight into fat for storage. Learn to search labels for the sugars row to make comparisons of your meal choices.